Thursday, March 28, 2013

Tate Pro Rodeo Classic


January 18-19th:

My first official rodeo appearance as Miss Rodeo Florida took place at the Tate Pro Rodeo Classic held in Lakeland, FL at the Lakeland Center. The rodeo was held Friday and Saturday night, but I drove up early to take part in a TV spot on the local FOX News station. I was interviewed with one of the members of the drill team. She was a trick rider. I also was able to take part in two radio spots. The first was with Jimmy Riffle of the Gator Boys TV Show, seen on Animal Planet. They would be wrestling a live gator at the rodeo. The second radio interview was right before the first performance while inside the Lakeland Center.



The Rodeo Committee, aka: Judy and LeRoy Mason, were nice enough to sponsor a hotel room for me for the weekend. I was so grateful, especially because Sammy's house was about an hour away and that is where I had originally planned on staying. From my home down to Lakeland was 853miles and took me 13 hours to travel both ways.

Running Time in a Car: 13h
Running Mileage: 853

No comments:

Post a Comment