Thursday, March 28, 2013

St. Lucie County Fair & Rodeo



March 1st:

The “Teen Weekend” was held in conjunction with the St. Lucie County Fair & Rodeo, and I was lucky enough to get in on at least one day of it before I headed to start the filming of the TV Show Best of America by Horseback. This is the weekend where all of the other state’s Teen Queens are invited to attend the rodeo in Ft. Pierce, because they really don’t get the opportunity to travel out of state much or meet each other during the year. It’s a great idea and I wish I had that opportunity when I was Junior Miss Rodeo SD back in 2007! But as it turned out, the current Jr.MRSD was going to be able to make it – so I was very happy for her.

After work on Thursday, I drove 7 hours plus a time change - until about 2am to get to the condo in Orlando where the Teen Queens were staying. It was close enough to Disney World so that in the morning we could wake up bright and early and get to Universal Studios right when the gates opened. When I finally arrived at the condo, I had drank so much 5 hour energy I truly wasn’t tired at all, so Kelly Steinruck (Miss Rodeo Okeechobee) and I stayed up fairly late talking and watching TV! The next morning, I immediately regretted that decision. Initially I had planned to wake up earlier than all the other girls so I could use the shower & get ready before the rush… but that didn’t work out the way I had planned. The snooze button was much too tempting! And I ended up giving myself about a half hour to get ready. Luckily our 7am show time was more of a rough estimate for when we were going to start eating breakfast, rather than the time we were going to leave.



We went to Universal Studios, where we rodeo Space Mountain (my favorite ride) and a couple of others, had dinner with Pooh & a couple of other characters, and took about 1,000 pictures before leaving around noon for the rodeo. 4 or 5 hours at Disney isn’t near enough time to cover all of the fun things in one park – but a half day is better than no day! I had a great time at the rodeo; I carried my first sponsor flag in the state of Florida here. I also had the chance to throw out Frisbee from the back of a Dodge while they set up for barrel racing. After the performance, I started my journey up to Mayo, FL.      

Running Time in a Car: 63h 27m
Running Mileage: 4295

1 comment:

  1. Jenna, You must have been really tired! We were at Magic Kingdom not sure Universal Studios LOL!

    ReplyDelete