Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Davie Pro Rodeo

June 21-22
Davie, Florida 

Heading down to Davie for a rodeo is always a great time. I love the arena and I love the atmosphere that it creates - there's a reason they call it Cowboy Town! I had an exceptionally great time at this particular rodeo, though, because of the fabulous people that I was surrounded by. I had the pleasure of driving down from Kissimmee/St Cloud with Miss Carrie Ann Clements, Miss Rodeo Florida Princess, and her mother, Tracy. When we get together - a good time is always had! We stayed with Susan Jowers, a close friend and Vice President of the Miss Rodeo Florida Organization. Her beach house was so beautiful and beachy, I didn't want to leave! She had a pool just outside her door, where Carrie Ann and I competed in swimming races and breath holding contests. I don't want to admit it, but Carrie Ann spanked me in almost every race! The one time that I won, we caught on camera. Although she didn't realize it until re-watching it on video - the reason I beat her from one end of the pool to the other was because I got out and ran down to the other end and jumped in! Carrie Ann and I had a blast. We even rented a surf board and headed to the beach in our free time - she's better at surfing than I am also, for the record! 


The rodeo hired one of my very favorite specialty acts, Rider Kiesner. He is a trick roper who also spins guns and can crack a whip like I've never seen! I always enjoy watching Rider - I first saw him at the 2012 WNFR. But, I had never considered being part of the action - until Davie! He needed an assistant and I thought I was the gal for the job, so I volunteered. I didn't quite know what I was getting myself into, until there I was - standing in the arena, whips flying by my head. Rider snapped a rose off of the stem while I was holding it in my mouth! I was always impressed watching Rider do his stunts from the bleachers or from the back of a horse, but I have a whole new respect for his accuracy and skill level being so close to the action! 


No comments:

Post a Comment